Sign in to follow this  
Russkcpa

Simple door lock question

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I had my drivers door panel off (in order to remove and repair the door handle). I'm not sure if there is a name for this part but the little steel wire that runs up and has the black tip (enabling you to lock the door from the inside) is gone. I checked the well in the bottom of the door but it's gone. Is there a name for this part and is it available ?  Or does anyone have a picture of it with it's proper configuration ?  It looks like it just hooks on and runs up through the hole in the panel and it has to be stronger than a coat hanger to push down to lock the car from the inside.  

Thanks

Russ

From your description I think you looking for item #12 called "operating rod". When you find one and ready to install make sure you have 3 pieces of item #10 as well. The grommets prevent rattling noise.

door.PNG

Look up, not down. It didn't disappear, it must still be there. IIRC, it is looped around other parts, and is probably hanging from what it was attached to up high near the end of the door. It's unlikely it came apart and fell. If it really did come apart, try a magnet to lift it out of the crease, but my bet is that it's swinging somewhere above.

David