• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a gem from F1 dimplemeister

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Actually, I think we have some very wide demographics in this group. Read some of the posts- "Hey I just turned 21" and "Paitent spouse- 38 year wedding anniversary", and everything in between.

Guest Anonymous

My folks did buy part of a 2002 for my wife and I as a wedding present. It was 15 years old at the time, it's the only 2002 I've ever owned, and it cost $2800 including a parts car when we bought it. We should have talked the seller down to about $2300.

When I turned 16, I bought a '67 Beetle for $400. Forty is getting closer every day.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Gee, if we're all punks why does he bother visiting us?

For the record, this "punk" is married with 2 kids and every car I've had I bought myself. At one point when I had no money, I had no car and had to figure out other ways to get around.

I am also very aware that my car is probably not worth a penny more than when I bought it even though I'm $10-15,000 into it right now. The pleasure I get driving the car, the knowledge and skills I've gained doing all the work on it myself and the comaraderie of the people on this board and of the fellow 02 owners in the local area are priceless, however.

Asshole.

Matthew Cervi

'73 tii

Guest Anonymous

and drive like it, too.

Ooooooh... visions of the recent TV commercial with all the "old folks" hanging out with their "ricer" cars and running from the cops (with their walkers).

Guest Anonymous

He's a very valuable contributor to this board and he's entitled to his opinions. There are a wide variety of demographics and opinions here, even some that raise my easy-going eyebrows.

We won't get anywhere bad mouthing another 02'er, even if collectively....he badmouths us a *bit*. It's kinda like when one of your friends does something stupid...you get mad, but get over it.

I guess he got bothered by the prices we were affixing to that Ebay 1600, which I also thought was a 4K car. And yeah, Daddy has never bought me a car. ;-)

Thee really is no such thing as privacy on the net, so...be careful what you say out there. Example, if you've participated in news groups for awhile....run a search on your name on Google groups. Dang.....words can haunt you for a long long time.

But, i sure do respect any/all opinions...even when they are a bit well, misguided.

Best,

Jerry

Guest Anonymous

...but what he doesn't know, is this spring/summer I'm going to drive a car up there....go on a vacation....slip him some money...and when I return...have a nice new carpet kit and perhaps, recaros put in.

I'll be sending you an E-Mail seeing if you are interested Mr. Al. Also, my comment was just a

plea to kind of avoid piling on. I'm sure he knows he offended more than a few on our great board here.

Jerry

PS: I have as many 02's as you do Jaycen. Well, I also have that Kansas 1600...but that's besides the point.

Guest Anonymous

"...have a nice new carpet kit and perhaps, recaros put in."

I am certain you will be declaring these items upon returning to US soil? I am sure customs and immigration will be interested in your new multipiece carpet kit and Recaro seats!!!!

: )

Happy holidays