• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A4 throttle bodies inspection

ColinK

Hello,

Question for those of you who have an A4 injection system.

For the throttle bodies, who have you had do any work on them or testing their tolerances?

I'm finally making some moves to get a unit I acquired last year installed. I'd like to have it looked it before I have the system installed.

I have a local PNW source to do a once over on the pump and injectors but I'm open to a one stop shop.

Thanks in advance.

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii

No first hand experience but have heard good things (in case he isn't already on your list) Wes Ingram.  Depending on how "well used" the TB's are they shafts often need to be re-bushed.  Throttle plates sometimes get jacked-up and don't close all the way which will not allow the system function at 100%.  I know he works on Alfa Spica stuff as well as Kugel/Bosch so it seems like a good place to check out.....and close to you.  As an alternate for just the TB's, Terry Tinney down here in the SF Bay Area.  Sounds like you have your Kugel pump/injectors solved, if you need a back-up, Gus at Pacific Fuel Injection down here in SF is one of the best (He did my Schnitzer pump and DL90 injectors.  Good luck with your project.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com

Thanks,

Yes, Wes in on my list. He's done work on my "regular" KF before and added an enrichment lever to compensate for my 292.

He's big in the Alfa world and runs one of the cleanest shops I've seen.

Do you have Terry Tinney's contact info?

Thanks

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii

Link to Terry's facebook page, if you page down  a bit you will see a custom set of 912 Solex carbys he re-built (essentially the same as your AlpinA Tb's minus the bore).  I have used him on a couple of small fab projects for my Schnitzer motor.  Very good.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terry-Tinney-Performance-Motors/145614165483343?fref=ts

email

terry at terrytinney dot com

I used Dr Harry Bieker, Bieker Engineering

bieker1@msn.com.

5215 Rogue River Hwy
Grants Pass OR 97527-4449
United States of America

(541) 955-9777

He bored the back side, rebushed the shaftes and recut the butterflys. Better than new

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

4 hours ago, BillWilliams said:

I used Dr Harry Bieker, Bieker Engineering

bieker1@msn.com.

5215 Rogue River Hwy
Grants Pass OR 97527-4449
United States of America

(541) 955-9777

He bored the back side, rebushed the shaftes and recut the butterflys. Better than new

Thank you Bill.

Jason

4 hours ago, BillWilliams said:

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!