• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bracteteer Fire Extinguisher Mount

2002#3

Have any of you considered or installed a Bracketeer fire extinguisher bracket?  See photos.  It appears to a great product and to be just the ticket.  However, the two seat rails in my '74 tii are offset -- inner rail sets back 3" or so from the outer rail, so the Bracketeer will be at an inconvenient angle if it is installed.  Appears to be made to be installed at the forward end of each rail and at 90 degrees to each rail, not at an angle.  I can think of a few ways to adapt it to be installed at 90 degrees but you folks might have better ideas.

Larry

UFEB1317_on_white.jpgimgres.jpg  

I keep mine in a home made bracket, bolted to the vertical support for the rear seat (behind driver's seat). Works great. Easy access. Only a minor limitation to back seat passengers.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I give this a "meh" rating for my application ('69 with Recaros on custom mounts), but will buy others for other cars. It was too short width-wise to mount at the front of my front seats, and it was configure to the maximum possible which could have lead to droopiness, which is never good:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Instead, I mounted it behind the passenger seat using the grub screws. The brackets deformed once the grub screws were torqued down but it feels secure. Seat can move back fully but rear passenger foot room is severely impacted.. but I can count on one hand the number of times I have had rear passengers (and thankfully even fewer fires).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Quality of the product was ok. Some threads needed chasing (ha, kidding, really I mean more force than usual was needed to tighten the fasteners). Coating seemed ok. Felt expensive for bits of bent metal. Good amount of flexibility in application though. Bottle is held securely.

Cheers,

Colin

Colin

1968 1602