• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Start - Nice Weather Almost Gone!

Boultman

Update.  I bought the silver coil with green label, 0.9 ohm, Pn above.  

I purchased from FCPeuro and received it the next day (warehouse was in DFW area, i'm in Houston).  Happy with the quick service.

I installed the coil and it fired right away.  I shut it down, and tried again.  started fine.  I got it up to operating temp, shut it down... started right up again.  Problem seems to be solved!

Once i dial the timing back in and adjust the carb i'll take it out for an italian tune-up and check for sure, but i'm pretty confident.

thanks again for everyone's help. 

1975 2002 Base w/ Close Ratio 5MT

1992 Mitsubishi Delica Starwagon 4X4 Diesel 5MT

2014 Porsche 911 Carrera

2022 Volvo XC60 B6

I think I recognize your car.  Did you buy It from someone just north of Austin in Georgetown?  I never got a chance to see it in person just remember one that looks like yours as being listed on CL a few times.  Nice looking 02 I might add!

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Big_L, sorry, i'm some how just seeing this...

yes, you called it.  I got it from a guy in Georgetown.  I love the car.  it is running and starting like a champ. 

It is the perfect amount of stock and performance.  I daily drive it during the cooler months.  It is in incredible shape, but not mint or concourse, so i don't mind driving it where, and how ever much i want. 

1975 2002 Base w/ Close Ratio 5MT

1992 Mitsubishi Delica Starwagon 4X4 Diesel 5MT

2014 Porsche 911 Carrera

2022 Volvo XC60 B6