• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Triumph GT6?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

mostly 3 window coupes, but also a woodie wagon, a steel bodied wagon and a panel truck. A four place Topo was built in England only.

Hard to tell from the picture whether that's a pre or post war 1100; they used the same basic body style from about 1938 to 1949...Simca also built it as the Simca Huit (8).

Mike

48 Topo coupe

49 Topo woodie

Guest Anonymous

When my family and I went to Milan several years ago, there was a car show of a couple dozen Topolini (and probably Millicenti) in the courtyard of the Duomo. It was a fun thing to happen across.

Guest Anonymous

two '68's plus a '73 plus a 76 spitfire and a '76 tr7.

That was all more than 15 years ago.

The 2litre GT6 uses the same block as the 2.5 tr6 so you can swap the crank, modify the pan and get a nice bump in displacement with relativly little engineering. The tr6 euro setup was good for beter than 150hp stock. Remember that the car is less than 2000lbs. That said I know people have done everything from rotary power to ford capri V6 to rover and chevy v8's. Engine and suspension access is really cool. I used to sit on the front wheel and lean forward to sync the carbs. They are definately more primitive than an 02; taht has it's plusses and minuses. On the upside is the fact that they have a real frame so the body is not as structural. On the minus is the well known fact than on any english car the fluids that should be kept in leak out and the fluids that should be kept out leak in!

If you get it and you need any tech info email me I still have the original shop books for the car.

enjoy,

Jonathan T.

jthayernospam@pratt.edu