• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Strut Spacers

Rocky Mountain Resto-Mod

I'm curious about these.... I cannot remember my original 1969 Euro 2002 having these, and my recently purchased 1973 doesn't either. Were they just added under the fenders at some point to raise the ride height for the US regs ?? In my recent search for the most original '02 I could find, I noticed some cars had these installed on top of the front shock tower in the engine bay.

Wow, when I upgraded my original shocks to Bilsteins years ago, those spacers disappeared years ago. In fact, in all the 02's I've had over the years, the spacers all seem to magically disappear. Also sealed beam headlights, POS original radio's, bus drivers steering wheels, etc.. seem to disappear on my 02's as well. 

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, when I upgraded my original shocks to Bilsteins years ago, those spacers disappeared years ago. In fact, in all the 02's I've had over the years, the spacers all seem to magically disappear. Also sealed beam headlights, POS original radio's, bus drivers steering wheels, etc.. seem to disappear on my 02's as well. 

hi Gordon, I'd be interested in any original radio that you have sitting around collecting dust.... My newer CD changer version will probably not qualify me for (cheaper) collector plates, so out it goes. If I want to crank da tunes I've got newer (quiet) cars and a home stereo that beats anything you can put in a 43 year old car !!  Parted out a 14" Moto-Lita steering wheel for an original era 16" big bus wood wheel too.... there are some fossils like me still left in this world !!

:)

George

post-49732-0-90027400-1457465382_thumb.p