• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 Front Clip

abrooks

Hey I am a new member but frequently read the forum for advice. I had a small accident in my 76 2002 and I am looking for a front clip to replace my now dented one. The only part that was damaged was between grill and hood(see picture). If anyone has one for sale, or any advice on repairs. please let me know! Thanks.

post-49924-0-36594700-1454366527_thumb.j

I imagine it would be easier to weld the cracks under the hood. Not sure since I haven't seen them, but would probably be less involved. I replaced a nose once. It was very tedious. Drilling out the spot welds and separating the leaded seam from the fender was a pain. Then aligning the new panel, welding again, and paint. Sorry I don't have better advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jmr_1602

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I'm with jmr on this: unless the photo is grossly mis-leading, I find it hard to believe that it's easier to replace the nosepiece than to simply fix the existing nose. My two cents!

(And just an un-solicited note on terminology: a "front clip" -- in "salvage-yard" parlance, back when we still called them "junk yards" -- traditionally included the front fenders [inner and outer], hood, radiator support, front fascia, front bumper, trim, and everything that held those parts together. It was the front end of a car's body from the cowl forward. I have assumed, above, you are referring to an '02's "nose" or "nosepiece" that includes the radiator support, front fascia, and the pieces that hold those items together, which is much less than a clip -- and generally sold as a single component although some repair pieces might be available in the aftermarket.)

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)