• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Widening the track without affecting handling

CarCrazedFool

My modified '73 has the control arm spacers from Korman, and the upper adjustment is all the way outward. I still have a decent amount of neg. camber. This car has stock ti/tii steel wheels. So far no 13" alloy wheel I have tried will clear the control arm (that I have trimmed to allow a decent amount of space). The track is widened by a noticeable amount.

post-32056-0-72683300-1454269650_thumb.j

My modified '73 has the control arm spacers from Korman, and the upper adjustment is all the way outward. I still have a decent amount of neg. camber. This car has stock ti/tii steel wheels. So far no 13" alloy wheel I have tried will clear the control arm (that I have trimmed to allow a decent amount of space). The track is widened by a noticeable amount.

I've had a look on the Korman site. Can you point me in the direction of the control arm spacers?

Where are they from? Or are they sat in your house unsold?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

These are the last 6 sets I have. There are many 2002 parts I no longer stock and only produce when I get a bulk order thru a GB or a shop. $125.00cad + $28.00cad shipping in the US. 15" wheels required to clear the 25mm roll center spacers. Wheel alignment will be needed.

Edited by Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Within parts listing for '02, scroll way down to "Suspenson Components" and "Lower Decamber Plates." These prevent control arm traveling beyond horizontal under hard cornering with a lowered car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otherwise called "Bump Steer correctors" or "Roll center spacers" ;-)

You know you need these when you have to fight with your steering wheel to keep the cr straight on every bump. With the car stationary, if the control arms are horizontal, then you're f.cked. Control arms shall be at a downward angle on the ends.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

These are the last 6 sets I have. There are many 2002 parts I no longer stock and only produce when I get a bulk order thru a GB or a shop. $125.00cad + $28.00cad shipping in the US. 15" wheels required to clear the 25mm roll center spacers. Wheel alignment will be needed.

Cool. What would shipping to UK set me back? Can't be more than the joke rates Ireland give us! [emoji15]

Cool. What would shipping to UK set me back? Can't be more than the joke rates Ireland give us! [emoji15]

By air and without tracking, shipping ends up being $48.00cad

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Can you put aside a set

Can you put a set aside for me as well. Whats the best way to order?

Yes. 6 sets left. They are fully machined 6061-T6 aluminum with clear anodizing. Fasteners are zinc plated M8 w/ 12.9 grade.

To get a set, please contact me directly at massivebrakes@gmail.com.

Thanks

Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.