• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 2002 Tii

Guest Sutrusu

Agreed. Once a deposit is made and a Bill of Sale is done then that deal should be honored. Sadly looks like a dealer got the car.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=172081257301&category=42601&pm=1&ds=0&t=1454136428074

What a weird situation sorry you guys had to go through all this, why would he do it if he does not want to sell, is he like a teaser!

A deal is a deal. But deposits are nonsense for a seller unless they are non-refundable. Why would a seller ever take one? I always say no thanks -- show up first with your money and if you like it you take it. Otherwise the "buyer" says oh hey I didn't realize it looks scruffier than I thought etc. so yeah in your case I think you had a deal but the only way, even though impractical at times, is to be on site with cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

The central point to this is being straight with buyers ... If it's first to show up with full payment, then say so. Furthermore don't make up stories about putting it in storage and "we"ll get back together" in a month on return from the UK while you work a background deal with another party. That deal just was not meant to happen. I just bought a better car for less $$$. I started the conversation with an upfront agreement as to how he and I would work the deal before I even asked my my first question. Great guy. Agreed to be upfront with me. Looking forward to my new track car.

Mars

When buying or selling I always state that refunds are not refundable unless the car is not as described. With this agreement I sent a non-refundable deposit on Saturday and had scheduled a PPI for Monday. After not hearing from the seller all day first I received an email stating my account had been refunded. Then a text from the seller with his obvious BS excuse for not completing the sale.

I guess there was a succession of buyers each offering more than the last and a seller with no honor.

It's now on eBay for 20% more than I "bought" it for (10k).

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172081257301

Mars

When buying or selling I always state that refunds are not refundable unless the car is not as described. With this agreement I sent a non-refundable deposit on Saturday and had scheduled a PPI for Monday. After not hearing from the seller all day first I received an email stating my account had been refunded. Then a text from the seller with his obvious BS excuse for not completing the sale.

I guess there was a succession of buyers each offering more than the last and a seller with no honor.

As said I think there was a deal that was broken. That said the entire notion of "deposits" just does not really work and is asking for trouble. In a real estate transaction there is usually a deposit but also a signed contact. If the deposit backs up a signed contract -- well, that's another thing altogether. But you'd still have to hire a lawyer to enforce performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

I purchased this car back in early December for $9500 with a deposit and a bill of sale and appointment to pick it up 4 days later. 2 days before pickup my deposit was returned and the seller left town with the promises to be back jan18 and we'd finish the deal. Then it appeared on eBay. The seller disclosed to me that the tach was inoperable, there was a small rust issue drivers side floor pan, a rust mark silver dollar size center of roof and another center of trunk. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mars

Is this the car thats now for sale at a Dealer in Denver for $20,000, its great that they are driving the price up , but as members of the forum we need to be aware of people like this and make sure that we all know about it 

Mars

Its now at a dealer in Denver for $20,000

The central point to this is being straight with buyers ... If it's first to show up with full payment, then say so. Furthermore don't make up stories about putting it in storage and "we"ll get back together" in a month on return from the UK while you work a background deal with another party. That deal just was not meant to happen. I just bought a better car for less $$$. I started the conversation with an upfront agreement as to how he and I would work the deal before I even asked my my first question. Great guy. Agreed to be upfront with me. Looking forward to my new track car.

Congratulations on your new purchase. Please post photos when you get a chance.

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip