• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear drain tube and a captive nut sharing the same place

I am trying to run the sunroof drain tubes in my car, which did not originally come with a sunroof (installed by PO). I am having real problems with getting a tube down the pillar.  Its path seems to be blocked by a captive nut that I guess would be for the third point int a three point seat belt system. (Picture).  Now, am I just being a baby and I just need to work harder to get this done or is the nut not usually there?post-37958-0-50011400-1431537332_thumb.j

Thanks, Larry

Huh.  I don't remember that nut in anything I opened up, but I tend to work on earlier cars.  It certainly does look like a

3- point nut for a seatbelt, doesn't it?

The OEM tubing was relatively thin, stiff plastic, and it was jammed in there reasonably aggressively.  If you want,

go to an electrical supply place or bigger better hardware store and ask for snot.  Specifically, electrical wire- pulling lubricant snot.

It's slippery, and doesn't react with most plastics, nor cause rust.  And when you open the container, you'll see why it's snot.

Makes a lot of things go more smoothly.

hth

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL