• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a little help identifying this part.

EcoAuto

I'm trying to figure out what this throttle linkage part is called and I can't find it on the Mobile Traditional site (or anywhere else for that matter). There are no numbers or markings on it and now I'm starting to think it was fabricated by a repair shop rather than being an original part. Can anyone identify it? 

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2583&mospid=47141&btnr=35_0201&hg=35&fg=10

post-38864-0-56877000-1428722138_thumb.j

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii
Fjord # 037 / blue interior

2002tii throttle bell crank assembly. Bolts to side of engine block. 

Items 4 and 11, etc.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2583&mospid=47141&btnr=35_0200&hg=35&fg=10

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Thank you very much Paul.  Much appreciated! I see it's NLA.  I need to come up with a fair asking price as I part out this engine.

Edited by EcoAuto

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

Thanks. While I have you on the line, how does one come up with fair asking prices when parting out? I can't find any recent prices for a Kugelfisher pump (in what I believe is very good condition)  Also looking for a fair ask on the NLA intake manifold parts - Most of the transactions on the FAQ are behind the scenes via PM. Unless something is available new on RealOEM or there's a recent eBay auction, it's challenging to figure out a fair price to ask (or offer) for NLA parts.  I guess that's not new news. :-)

post-38864-0-78672900-1428725191_thumb.j

post-38864-0-03114900-1428725348_thumb.j

Edited by EcoAuto

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

I sold my last Kugelfischer for $80, condition unknown. Wish you still had that tii alternator!  :( Still trying to wrap my head around why you took two reasonably well built engines apart to make one fresh one. That just don't make no damn SENSE!  ;)

Paul Wegweiser

Yes, there's a good story behind that!  In 2011, a valve stuck in my 02. I had the car towed to Autoworks and after considering just buying a rebuilt head, decided it might be nice to have a fresh engine. My car was a tii clone anyway, so no blasphemy. An rebuilt engine was for sale on the FAQ by a member, and after speaking with Carl at La Jolla Independent to confirm the extent of that rebuild, and seeing the invoice, I bought the engine crated by the seller. It had been in storage in San Diego for two years and when it arrived in Bozeman, Tim, AutoWorks owner, examined the engine and found some rust. He didn't like that and didn't want to take responsibility. He advised me not to use the engine without tearing it apart first and confirming the rebuild. So I contacted the seller and he offered some fair financial compensation to do the additional work, and with that, Tim tore the engine apart, sent any questionable parts out for refinishing, used the parts he needed or preferred cosmetically. 

I had previously had my car's K-Fish rebuilt by Carl at Pacific Fuel Injection, so we used that pump in the rebuild. 

A few months later I drove off with a rebuilt engine that sounded and drove like new. It was a more expensive process than it should have been, but I've enjoyed the car thoroughly. Last month I sadly said goodbye to "Bluey," as we prepare to move to the UK. 

The generator / alternator is still available for sale, though I'm waiting for a few people who are circling to decide.  Photos below along with one of it as it came from La Jolla Independent.

post-38864-0-78434700-1428776797_thumb.j

post-38864-0-89790300-1428776798_thumb.j

post-38864-0-24744600-1428776903_thumb.j

post-38864-0-59960400-1428776938_thumb.j

Edited by EcoAuto

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

I'll paypal you $$$ for that alternator *NOW*, if you and I agree on a price.

Sent you a second (regular) e mail regarding it @ 5:17 Eastern Time Zone.

No circling.

Now.

How much?

my e mail:   zenwrenchpaul at yahoo dot com

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Paul - Please make me a fair offer and take me out of my misery so I won't feel guilty about not waiting for the circlers to finish circling . :-)

If there are any other tii parts you're in need of, let me know. 

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

E mail sent. $75.oo incl USPS / shipping. I wouldn't mind a spare intake plenum, and the short lower runners (thinking about powdercoating them, but don't want to disable my car, while it happens) ....but I don't have the cash for it all. 

Holler back, please!

P

Paul Wegweiser

PM or email (ron@ecoautoinc.com) your shipping address (residential or commercial) and phone number for the Fed Ex document.  Is it safe to do an indirect signature? 

Edited by EcoAuto

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

E mail sent.  The previous e mail I sent earlier went to a Coffee-something address. I used the above "ecoauto" address just now.

Paul Wegweiser