• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help 2002 tii bought rebuilt calipers and they don't fit??

pdmracing

Hi Newb 74 Tii owner here, Front pass brake caliper was seized. I picked up a set of remans and had no problem removing old ones and brake lines , bolted the new one up without pads and rotor wont turn.

Comparing the 2 , they look the same but a little more beef on the bottom of the leading edge

Double checked the parts numbers on the replacements and they check out.

The original calipers are very rusty and I scrapped some off and can read ATE script and a number 32 R  on the pass side, the drivers is so far gone I can only read the "L"

Of course any of these old cars can have mods, any ideas would be appreciated

I had a pair that the rotors scraped as I turned them.

Look on the bottom side (where the caliper is touching).  The two halves didn't line up on mine.

I cracked the 'bolts' loose (Torx) and aligned them and have been good for a couple hundred miles/1.5 years.

I think some talk of these being single use bolts, but.....

Hope it's that easy for you.

Just installed some remans from IE this week on my tii.  They are rubbing where the caliper is close to where the hub is at about a 45 degree angle. I figure a touch of grinding and should be good

Edited by ohioplatt

Thanks, Larry