• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: '72 2002tii Water Pump

JWadle

I'm also looking for one. Seems they've been on backorder from BMW with no release date for quite some time. I'm pretty sure the stock 2002 water pump has the same inside components so you can probably buy one of those for a fraction of the cost and then have everything swapped into the Tii water pump body by a competent machine shop unless you can find the correct bearing and seals. Just a theory at this point but it may be the closest you can get to a new or rebuilt pump.  

• 1 month later...

No pumps available at AutoZone. They let you add it to your cart but upon checkout an error comes up telling you there is no stock. 

02Take02,

FWIW, I ordered one from Autozone shortly after this thread started and it arrived within a few days.  They have two options:  Valuecraft Reman 1 yr. warranty for $43, and Duralast Lifetime warranty for $51.  I got the Duralast version, but haven't installed it yet; just keeping it as a back up.  It looks correct.

got a couple of couches, sleep on the loveseat

Thanks for the info. AutoZone lists the same part number for both Tii and Non-Tii Duralast pumps. Parts Geek does the same thing for the GMB and Airtex pumps. The ValueCraft #'s are different but I get this error when I try to place the order"Sorry, the requested quantity for this special order item is not available. Please adjust the quantity."

Does your Duralast pump have the inlet and outlet on opposite sides or do they form a 90 degree angle?

Thanks for the info. AutoZone lists the same part number for both Tii and Non-Tii Duralast pumps. Parts Geek does the same thing for the GMB and Airtex pumps. The ValueCraft #'s are different but I get this error when I try to place the order"Sorry, the requested quantity for this special order item is not available. Please adjust the quantity."

Does your Duralast pump have the inlet and outlet on opposite sides or do they form a 90 degree angle?

Annnnnd I'm an idiot.  I got so geeked up to find the water pump I didn't double-check the configuration, especially since AZ website said it fit (and another poster mentioned it).  Duralast pump is definitely non-tii.  

I get the same error on Autozone when I try to purchase the ValueCraft version.  Also, the Duralast tii front rotors give the same error, fyi.  

May have to try your idea for swapping guts....

I tried to find a water pump every where, I ended up buying a new one from bmw na , they are in production now and will be delivered at the end of may, list price $266.00 sounds like a lot of money but if you have thousands in a new engine it is not  a lot for a 1 year warranty.    Bruce M-tuner

Thanks for the update, Bruce; that's great news.  I saw that ECS Tuning has them for $209, but the delivery date was unknown.  

• 1 month later...