** SOLD ON JUNE 23 AT FULL PRICE **
1972 BMW 2002tii Inka / 4-speed Manual / Sunroof
This is a USA model 1972 BMW 2002tii (E10) in Inka with 75,330 miles - VIN 2761250. It has a 4-speed manual transmission, sunroof, and alloy wheels (all original). No AC.
The car has had a mechanical and cosmetic restoration begun in 2012 at 74,204 miles and completed this year. All replacement parts are BMW OEM, excepting those marked as non-OEM (*) below. The body and frame have no rust whatsoever and all paint is original.
· Complete rebuild of original engine (M15)
· Complete refresh of Kugelfischer fuel injection
· Complete rebuild of engine electrical/ignition system
· New OEM water pump
· New OEM wiper motor
· Repair or OEM parts replacement on other systems including transaxle, exhaust, suspension, body electrical/lighting, window mechanisms
· New carpets and added trunk carpet*
· New headliner (black) including sun visors*
· New 3-point front seat belts*
· OEM right sideview mirror added
· Restoration of original console
· New (inconspicuous) audio system with four speakers (AM / FM / Aux / USB)*
· OEM VDO clock replacement
· OEM rear emblem replacement
· OEM rear license plate lights replacement
· OEM turn signal stalk assembly replacement
· New front seats (1980 320is Recaros - recovered in black German vinyl)* - OEM front seats included
· New steering wheel (1980 320is)* - OEM steering wheel included
· New Hella H4 headlights, Hella 160 fog lights and wiring harness* - OEM foglight switch
· Restoration of original instrument cluster (cleaned, new bulbs)
· New trunk and hood rubber gaskets
· Under hood and trunk lid foam pads*
· New front coco mats (black/orange)*
· New BMW wheel center caps
· Four new tires (plus older spare)*
· Paint chips in body (driver door, left rear quarter, other). Due to the overall excellent condition of the original paint, no attempt has been made to refinish these.
· Minor dent at top of right rear wheel well
· Paint scratches on wheel wells inside trunk
· Crack in dash above instrument cluster
The car was purchased new in 1972 in Sacramento, California. It had spent its entire life there before restoration. It was driven until approximately 1990 by the original owner and then stored for over 20 years under cover in his garage.
In 2011, the car was purchased by an independent BMW repair shop in the Sacramento area where the major mechanical restoration was done. I purchased the car in June 2012 from the repair shop. The remaining mechanical and cosmetic restoration has been completed since then.
The mileage of 74,204 at the start of restoration is claimed to be original by the repair shop owner, but could not be verified. However, the condition of the body, original paint and undercarriage support this claimed mileage. The car has approximately 900 miles since engine rebuild.
Detailed records of all restoration work since 2011 are included. New BMW OEM owner’s manual. The car has a clear title (Colorado) and is ready for immediate sale.
The car is located in Boulder, Colorado and available for viewing, test drive and/or pre-purchase inspection.
Additional and high-resolution pictures available on request.
John Wadle [email protected]