• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear-End Re-Assembly Question

worzella

Quick question for anyone who has re-built their rear-end suspension and brakes.

The wonderful day has finally come where my 1975's underside is cleaned and painted and I can re-install the subframe, trailing arms, shocks, springs, brakes, etc.... woo hoo.

But, I mangled the long rear brake pipe that comes from the engine bay to the L/R distribution brake fitting under the center of car... that brass guy that is bolted to the underside of the pan.

My questions is.... can I replace that long pipe AFTER I have the whole subframe, etc re-installed... in other words will I be able to work it up and around everything in order to conenct it to the splitter fitting?

If my question is not clear, let me know ... and thanks

Randy

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

BMW replacement brake line is fairly easy to bend but the really tricky section for the main rear line is in the engine compartment from the master cylinder thru the 90° bend down and along the tranny.  Once it is located in the tranny tunnel the rest is very easy.  I used the 2338mm line #34.32.6.755.663 for my replacement. Be careful taking out the old line and you can use it for a reference, or take good measurements and possibly photos. And a brake line bending tool also helps to avoid kinks. Good luck.  

Edited by nbcbird