• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel Rim Repair

Hey folks, I still have the original steering wheel for my tii, it's the typical 4 spoke with a pad in the middle. Im thinking about putting it back on the car, but the "spongy" rim part is separated from the steel core of the rim. So, it tends to slip around as you grip it. I wonder if there is anyone out there who's encountered this problem and solved it by somehow injecting some type of glue under the rim to adhere these together again? Any ideas?

TIA

Andy74tii

FAQ Member #126

Any repair on a well used/important part will be hard to make last. I would probably look for a good used wheel.

But if you were to try a repair, an epoxy injected into the rim or by cutting a slit from the backside and applying might work... I would check with others as to what epoxy works best with the materials you have as choosing the wrong option would lead to a hardness you may not care for...

MF

Edited by mo02

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay