• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Any One Have The Heater Box Dimensions

ma.jomaa

Looking to get the dimensions on the 02 heaterbox. If you have one out and don't mind measuring it I would really appreciate it. Need full dimensions length, depth without the fan just the box itself, and height.

1979 e21 318 (sold)

1975 Inka (sold)

1983 e21 320i (sold)

1974 Polaris (sold)

1975 M42 Swap (work in progress)

Just went out to the attic of my garage and it's freezing out there!

Anyway, it's not exactly a rectangular box, even without the fan, but here are the dimensions:

Depth is 5 inches

Width is 14 3/4 inches at the housing where the fan is mounted, 16 inches from the outer edge of the inlet tube to the outer edge of the outlet tube, and 13 inches at the innermost wall (part that is inside the car).

Height is 8 1/2 inches on that same housing wall where the fan is mounted and 6 5/8 inches at the innermost wall.

Regards, Maurice.

Just went out to the attic of my garage and it's freezing out there!

Anyway, it's not exactly a rectangular box, even without the fan, but here are the dimensions:

Depth is 5 inches

Width is 14 3/4 inches at the housing where the fan is mounted, 16 inches from the outer edge of the inlet tube to the outer edge of the outlet tube, and 13 inches at the innermost wall (part that is inside the car).

Height is 8 1/2 inches on that same housing wall where the fan is mounted and 6 5/8 inches at the innermost wall.

Regards, Maurice.

Much appreciated Maurice, sorry you had to go out in the cold.

1979 e21 318 (sold)

1975 Inka (sold)

1983 e21 320i (sold)

1974 Polaris (sold)

I hope you are coming up with a DIY heater box that doesn't involve the old fan and motor. Though if that were the case the opening on the firewall may be the important measurements.

Not really, I'm trying to see if an aftermarket AC Evap unit that I'm looking to buy would fit where the stock heater box fits.That is why I'm not concerned with the stock fan opening.

1979 e21 318 (sold)

1975 Inka (sold)

1983 e21 320i (sold)

1974 Polaris (sold)