• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2-S14 Parts Wanted

touring CR

I actually could buy a Mega Squirt or similar but im sure it is easier to modify the bell housing and i trust more original setting than the best setting that can be programmed locally

No, the stock stuff is crude by today's standards.  It only runs at one A/F setting until the WOT switch is activated then it goes uncontrollable rich on a set table with no indicatiion as to what the A/F is.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

then it goes uncontrollable rich on a set table with no indicatiion as to what the A/F is.

that is a gross overstatement.... it does not go uncontrollable rich. when the TPS hit WOT, it goes off closed loop narrow band and goes to open loop based upon one of the static maps in the chip. those maps control timing and fueling. aftermarket chips are available to provide maps with more advance and different fueling tables.

if the motronic ecu operated as you described all the S14's (and M20's, M50's, etc) would have blown up shortly after leaving the showroom floor. i know the stock Motronic ecu in my M50 race motor ran perfect afr's at WOT.

yes, there are newer more complex ecu's available today that allow many more aspects of the performance to be managed to a finer degree, but there is nothing wrong with the ECU that came with the engines.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3