• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Left Tail Light Enclosure

Lorfjord

if you are sure it is glued in and not just corroded in, you could try some 3m adhesive remover dribbled down around the socket.  if that does not work, post parts wanted ad in the parts wanted section fo an enclosure.

if it may be just corroded in, break the bulb, then use needle nose pliers to grab the bulb base and twist it out.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

whats in there is black....it looks like the socket was somehow stretched out....so they used something to keep bulb in...the bulb came out easily but bulb metal casing is stuck....ive tried prying it out with pliers...all it does is bend....however what ever they used to keep it in is breaking apart...but the enclosure doesn't look like it can hold the bulb.....

does that make sense?

thank you

I'm looking here for that part...what would i call it?

lucky you...the left side ones are still available new...

(detail from realoem,com)

06 Reflector left   1 09/1973 07/1977 63211356933

$38.20

get it from BLUNT.  you could get it used, but it will probably be less reflective than a new one and you won't save that much money.

full page here

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2214&mospid=47140&btnr=63_0487&hg=63&fg=20

PS - it would be helpful if you added your location to your profile.  could be there is someone near you that has one....

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

I haven't been on here in years. so i guess my location is gone. I'm in los angeles...thank you...i updated my profile...

so BLUNT is the link?

i have the reflectors..its just the part that holds the bulb....whats that part called? i just went to the site