• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early '02 Heater Valve

scmark

I have searched the forum, and found threads/topics dealing with a leaking heater valve on the later '02s, but I have not seen one on how to repair a leaking heater valve on an early '02.  I have a 1970 with a leaking valve, and want to know if the same hardware o-ring fix works on the earlier valve?

I have searched the forum, and found threads/topics dealing with a leaking heater valve on the later '02s, but I have not seen one on how to repair a leaking heater valve on an early '02.  I have a 1970 with a leaking valve, and want to know if the same hardware o-ring fix works on the earlier valve?

Yes  It can be repaired same as late.  If youre so inclined check out our heater valve rebuild kits

http://bmw.blunttech.com/Upgrade-Parts-Maintenance-Kits/BMW/1502-2002TII/1502-2002TII-Misc/E10-Heater-Valve-Repair-Kit-p98798.html

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I got the valve out, and disassembled.  It is amazingly simple with only the body, plug, o-ring, and an internal retaining ring.  I got a new o-ring from the hardware store and will start the reassembly soon (with pictures to follow).  Hopefully anyone with an early type valve will have the information to deal with theirs when it starts leaking.

You have one of probably 6 that are still working, btw.

they didn't survive very well, and got replaced with the later style.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL