• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch Master Cylinder Insulation Pad

Go to solution Solved by layers,

Getting ready to swap the clutch master and slave cylinders on my '75 Baur Cabriolet and noticed that there is a heavy foam rubber insulation pad between the master and the floor pan. It is saturated with clutch fluid, and it's shot. Does anyone know of a source for replacement? I suppose I could fab something up, but the car is super original (63,000 km) and I hate cobbling anything if I don't have to. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Solution

Hi--

If you remove your pedalbox pad but choose not to replace it, be sure to cover the now exposed holes with duct tape.  While some may consider an occasional glance at the tiny window of road passing under their car to be amusing, the leaves, rocks, silt and water that will join you in the cabin is less amusing.  I figure that was one reason the PO of my car commented that he never drove it in the rain!

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga