• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dang! Someone Backed In To Me!

sonhouse

This is a small issue but as y'all know, small issues turn into back issues.

I live in New Orleans (born and raised) and don't have the luxury of off-street parking. So

I have to park on the street... I'm not sure but my best guess is someone backed in to me

just enough to bend the bracket. But not break it or even dent the bumper. Just slowly push

on it. As you can see it has caused the passenger side part of the bumper to come back

and rub the wheel well.

My question is. I think I can bend the bracket back in place but I'm sure the bumper is

somewhat bent as well. I'm thinking of just using sawhorses and clamps to set it back.

Any ideas? Can y'all think of a better way? Or has anyone done anything like this before?

I've got pictures below. It's the passenger side... The first picture is so you can see it's

offset

Thanks,

III

post-42695-0-84595200-1370918665_thumb.j

post-42695-0-86630000-1370918688_thumb.j

post-42695-0-21115700-1370918744_thumb.j

post-42695-0-64581800-1370918765_thumb.j

post-42695-0-72645700-1370918786_thumb.j

unless you see a kink in the center section of the bumper, i'd bet that the side piece pivoted where it connects at the overrider location.  straighten the bracket that's connected to the framerail and tweek the side piece as needed and i think you'll be okay. 

however, parallel parking a roundie on the street is BEGGING for a nosejob.  consider this incident a warning.  it doesn't take much to damage the center grill and surrounding sheetmetal.  and the perpetrator may not even be aware at the time.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa