• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a 2002 in WA/OR/Northern CA

2002inseattle

Hi everyone, I know you see these posts quite a bit, just thought I would throw my two cents in. I'm looking for a 2002 in or around Seattle to buy. Most important for me is limited rust and a straight body. No specific year requirements, and I'd prefer to avoid Tii's. I know we're talking about 40 year old cars so I'm pretty realistic. I'm happy to travel a bit for it so anything in Oregon or northern California works too. If you have anything in mind or are looking to sell please reach out.

Thank you.

Hi:

I have a 1972 BMW 2002 for sale in Boise. I have an ad on this site that has slipped to the bottom of the first page of the cars for sale. That ad has a link to the Craigslist ad with pictures. If you are at all interested I have 20+ other pictures I can send you via email that show the shock towers, engine compartment, underbody etc.

The body is in primo condition and the paint job is spectacular. Let me know if you want more info or photos after looking at the ad. I've pasted the link to the Craigslist ad below.

Kurt

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/3669520163.html

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/3640471174.html

1974 BMW 2002 - $2700 (Ferndale)

I had dreams of restoring this cult classic but priorities change. I'd hope to see this go to someone who can really appreciate it. Come to think of it....who else would buy one of these?

3rd owner

Garaged since I've owned

Runs well but burns oil.

Weber carb

Body is straight with minimal rust. Only bad part is in the spare tire well which is typical.

Wheel bearings recently repacked.

Rebuilt front calipers

New U-joint

Front struts replaced 4 years ago.

Dash is in good shape with only a couple small cracks

Head liner is torn but repaired

One repaired rock chip on brand new windshield (damn it!)

All glass intact

Driver seat is worn.

Passenger seat is near perfect.

I removed and stripped the rear seat for rebuilt but never got around to finishing. Springs are intact.

Just keep in mind this a 39 year old car that has never been rebuilt but is a GREAT candidate for restoration.

post-23576-1366767074414_thumb.jpg

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

Guest Anonymous

Hi Kurt,

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but could you also send me pictures of your golf '02? I'm in southeastern WA about 5 hours from Boise and looking to get back into a 2002. My email is gary74tii at yahoo dot com

Thanks,

Gary