• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bay Area mechanic?

bcarey

Hi all,

My first time posting here, as I am finally getting close to making the plunge and buying my first 2002. I have a decent sense of what problems to look out for, but I'm a little worried that I'll miss something big and not so obvious. Can anyone recommend a mechanic I could have look at the car before I purchase? Someone in or near Palo Alto?

Thanks, and looking forward to spending a lot more time on this board!

Bjorn

Palo Alto bimmer in dowtown off of alma. Ive never taken my bimmer there, but i know they have been around for at least 20 yrs, and ive been in there to ask a few questions from time to time. I take my 2002 to a mechanic in mtn view (north star automotive). expensive labor hours, but the owner dave knows pretty much everything about everything. watch out though, he can talk to you about cars all day! (in a good way of course).