Sign in to follow this  
mtbmw

4 Speed Transmission and Fuel Tank NEEDED

9 posts / 806 viewsLast Reply

I'm in need of a great condition complete 4 speed trans. with the brackets, mounts, shifter, bolts etc. preferably.

Also needed is a good rust free fuel tank with sending unit for a carborated 2002.

These are both going into a 1976 2002. And would need shipped to 59912.

Thanks Kristian (406) 270-1048

Thanks. My wife has family in Christmas Valley area. How far are you from there? I'd be coming from MT. If you still have it I may be able to pick it up next trip. Is this from a carb car? Mine has the one soldered in feed line and the return in the sender (or visa-verse). How much are you asking for it?

Hey, I've got a rebuilt 4-speed Getrag 232, original out of my '76 for sale. I have it left over from a complete engine and transmission change over. I just put it on the NW section of the forum here for best offer. I am in Springfield OR, but as I noted you said you have family in Christmas Valley, I wouldn't mind meeting you over there for a few extra bucks for gas. The only thing is it might be missing a few of the external items you were looking for.

Here are pics of the transmission:

https://picasaweb.google.com/118032327428664059120/October152012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have the receipt for the rebuild (gear set, syncros, labor) which cost the previous owner $250. What do you think a reasonable price would be? Let me know. Chris

Hey, I've got a rebuilt 4-speed Getrag 232, original out of my '76 for sale. I have it left over from a complete engine and transmission change over. I just put it on the NW section of the forum here for best offer. I am in Springfield OR, but as I noted you said you have family in Christmas Valley, I wouldn't mind meeting you over there for a few extra bucks for gas. The only thing is it might be missing a few of the external items you were looking for.

Here are pics of the transmission:

https://picasaweb.google.com/118032327428664059120/October152012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I have the receipt for the rebuild (gear set, syncros, labor) which cost the previous owner $250. What do you think a reasonable price would be? Let me know. Chris

Sorry been off line for a while. Thanks for the offer. Back of the trans looks a little wet for a recent rebuild? I'll keep it in mind though you may be looking for more than I can afford. Found one in Georgia for $125 shipped that supposed rebuild was done on by a well known company in KS with some wonder material for syncros. Also have a couple in CA for $75 that I believe are still oem orig. Let me know what you think you need for yours.