• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone to fine tune a tii on Peninsula?

hegedus

Hi,

I have a '72 tii that is generally running well with the exception of poor gas mileage. It is running rich, A/F in the 11-12 range while cruising at 65. The mileage is about 22 mpg and my commute is pure highway at 65 mph.

I have done the standard in the book stuff with the help of a trained professional (02 owner and mechanic by trade). I would like a real tii master to have a go at it. I know A1 and Casey but they are both in Marin and a bit of a pain to get to. Before I bite the bullet and take it there, is there someone on the Peninsula worth considering? I live in Burlingame and work in Santa Clara.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have a '72 tii that is generally running well with the exception of poor gas mileage. It is running rich, A/F in the 11-12 range while cruising at 65. The mileage is about 22 mpg and my commute is pure highway at 65 mph.

I have done the standard in the book stuff with the help of a trained professional (02 owner and mechanic by trade). I would like a real tii master to have a go at it. I know A1 and Casey but they are both in Marin and a bit of a pain to get to. Before I bite the bullet and take it there, is there someone on the Peninsula worth considering? I live in Burlingame and work in Santa Clara.

if it were me, and I wanted to.rest assured.my.car will come back to me better than how I left it) id go.to A1 or Casey. if I've learned something in my two years of owning a classic car. professionalism is easier said than .done. with the countless positive customers from Casey and A1 (search YouTube for all the m3 swaps with Casey or A1 motorsports. you can bet my cars going to A1 (and I'm in San Jose).

if the price is scaring you, remember that these guys will get your car back.on the road quickly without set backs.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

Hi,

if it were me, and I wanted to.rest assured.my.car will come back to me better than how I left it) id go.to A1 or Casey. if I've learned something in my two years of owning a classic car. professionalism is easier said than .done. with the countless positive customers from Casey and A1 (search YouTube for all the m3 swaps with Casey or A1 motorsports. you can bet my cars going to A1 (and I'm in San Jose).

if the price is scaring you, remember that these guys will get your car back.on the road quickly without set backs.

make sure you talk to at least 3 people who have recently had work done at the shop and can vouch for their work. don't take an old portfolio of finished projects as a sign that the shop.can reproduce that work to this day.

also forgot to.mention ask to check each shops license (if having any doubts)

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

• 4 weeks later...

So, did you end up finding a shop? Which one and what was your experience. This forum doesn't work so well without feedback. :)

Cheers,

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

• 5 months later...
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors