• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB M20b25 engine

kimerpof

Shipping may be a deal breaker as we are in Alberta, but my son has a rebuilt M20B25 with about 40 - 50,000 kms on it (approx 25,000 - 31,000 miles).

I believe he still has the receipts from the machine shop, but I would have to have a look for them.

It has a 273 Catcams camshaft and crank scraper. He swapped an M52 turbo into his e30, so the M20 is available.

Not sure how much he wants for it, but if you are interested, let me know and I will check with him.

Don

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX

What I have, that would be perfect is a 1988 325ix all wheel drive e30 for sale, it will have what you need to transplant rebuild or whatever you chose, plus it is perfect for Washington winters and snow, who knows maybe you can do an all wheel drive, 2002? And be the first person ever to do that perhaps? I am asking $1500 plus shipping for the car, the car may need some motor work, has little to almost no rust, has a very good interior and is a 5 speed coupe.

SHAWN

What I have, that would be perfect is a 1988 325ix all wheel drive e30 for sale, it will have what you need to transplant rebuild or whatever you chose, plus it is perfect for Washington winters and snow, who knows maybe you can do an all wheel drive, 2002? And be the first person ever to do that perhaps? I am asking $1500 plus shipping for the car, the car may need some motor work, has little to almost no rust, has a very good interior and is a 5 speed coupe.

SHAWN

Hey Shawn, this is not meant to interfere with you trying to sell your car, but one thing to be aware of is the the iX engine needs to be modified before it can be put in an '02.

The reason, if I remember correctly is that the oil pump rotates in the opposite direction on an iX m20, as opposed to the regular M20. So, of course in addition to the oil pan needing to be changed, you also have to swap the intermediate shaft and oil pump from a regular m20 into the iX m20.

We actually had to do this between races with our chump car, and if it had not been for my son (M20 guru), none of us would have known that this had to be done.

Here he is starting the disassembly:

post-91-13667663914105_thumb.jpg

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX

• 2 months later...

Yes DonP, that is right I forgot about the oilpan and output shafts its been so long since I drove and look underone I forgot the layout. and dont worry about the sale, I want people to get what they want and need and this motor will not help the person as I thought quickly it would. I just saw this posting today from a repeat posters that doesnt have any parts claiming he has. needless to say if you need or anyone else needs a 325ix or anything please let me know how I can help?