• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii stroker motor?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
I know (knew) of an Audi TT dark grey '74 Tii that had a Bill Holmes 2.? stroker Tii motor reported to have around 170hp. It was sold and replaced by a 2002Turbo.... I haven't seen the Tii in nearly 10 years.

Tom I remember something about that car, can't recall the details. At the end of the day the tii motor really is so touchy that you are just better off leaving it at 2.0L, maybe going with a little more compression and or possibly a hemi piston/head combo, porting/port matching and possibly a larger exhaust valve...aka AlpinA A4 (39mm) and then just making sure everything else is right (pump, linkage, ignition, exhaust......). Lets face it, even the most seemingly minute things can cause one of these engines to not run near its potential (spec). Those that have tii's know their is a huge difference between a car/motor that is dialed in versus one that isn't.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

It is not voodoo or black magic.

The kuglefisher simply has the fuel map printed on a 3d cone.

Any motor will benefit from increased breathing, but if you can't deliver "the right " amount of fuel at the right rpm/load it is generally wasted.

Notice I said right amount not more.

I played around with both a race tii on stock injection and a a4 system.

They were both excellent and represented improvements over stock. But I liked to tinker.

I say go for it.

A

Our Tii LeMons car has a 2.2l Metric Mechanic stroker (offset rod journals, rabbit rods and Apostons if I remember correctly), and it's mades to a stock Kfish. It has a slightly modified MM cam, but the motor is from 1987--a 25-year-old MM motor. It seems to run lean, as one would expect from increasing displacement by 10% without increasing fuel by the same margin, but it's possible the lean condition has arisen due to the Kfish having 373k miles on it without a rebuild, including 10 years sitting in a field on the east coast in rust country. We'll know more in the coming months as we replace all the original and recent half-assed wiring. If we can't dial in the mixture by simply adjusting the linkage, we'll wire in the cold start injector, or replace it with a higher flow injector, and trigger it to spray when rpm and throttle position necessitate.

My tii motor is a MM of similar vintage (though my motor is from '89). I went with the Wes Ingram modified linkage, basically it engages the warm up circuit to get a bit more fuel into the motor. You dont need much more fuel to get more power out of it. The motor will respond nicely.

I see ~13.0 A/F at WOT.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

Hi guys, don't mean to intrude on the post but I have afew question for Bill and Jim. Jim How is the ti project going?

regards

Terry -

Let's just say based on the engine condition I may have to paint my car "Frozen gray" like those limited edition M3's.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"