• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats wrong with people on CL?

The car that started it all.

I don't know if I'd want a tii with a 3,200 lb. curb weight! Must have a lot of bondo!

But seriously, a sunroof round-taillight tii is a good thing. I, I might note, am pretty picky and judge cars by how easily they might be returned to "original." So I'll assume the original engine is still present!

My gut reactions: I don't know if the color is original. If the interior is, indeed, black, and largely original, then fjord is not likely the original color. But black interiors did come in some cool-colored cars, e.g., Colorado and Inka. The exterior of the spare tire well looks like it's been crudely patched and re-sprayed. The black trunk interior reveals nothing in the photos, but I always suspect that a black-painted trunk has been painted black largely to hide a multitude of sins, like repaired shock towers. The car currently has a snorkel nosepiece, which is not rare, as 40 years is a long time to avoid front-end collisions and the non-snorkel nosepieces have been NLA for 35 of those years. But no one seems to want to hang onto this car for long. Nevertheless, a '73 tii with sunroof remains a good thing. This one, just like any other one, needs to be carefully inspected so you know what you're getting.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks for the input Steve i think i'm going to pass on that one the owner didn't seem to have that car for long and is already trying to sell it which is kind of a red flag if he liked it he should have kept it, unless he got if for a really good price and is trying to make a couple of grand.

The car that started it all.

I can explain some of what is going on in the adds for that black 2002. It was listed for weeks in Gilroy for $2250, person sold it for $2200. The day it sold it was listed for the $5350 price up in SF. That is what I think made that person who originally posted the 'complaint' posting. Also, if you look in LA CL you'll find that same car listed for $4950. So, my thought's is it is shady at best. I'm also thinking I should have had a closer look at it for the $2250 when it was first posted...

I can explain some of what is going on in the adds for that black 2002. It was listed for weeks in Gilroy for $2250, person sold it for $2200. The day it sold it was listed for the $5350 price up in SF. That is what I think made that person who originally posted the 'complaint' posting. Also, if you look in LA CL you'll find that same car listed for $4950. So, my thought's is it is shady at best. I'm also thinking I should have had a closer look at it for the $2250 when it was first posted...