• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who has 02again EFI throttle linkage prototype?

robsanab

Tom 02again asked me to attempt to gather all of your reviews on this prototype setup he produced for several of you (based on a particular FAQ member's design). He is evidently very pressed for time but would still like to provide these for sale. However he wants to do it right and would therefore like to hear from you as to if they are good as is and/or if there are issues or improvements to be made.

I would like to help him because I am in need for one and like many of you would prefer to purchase a tried and true set-up rather than using my limited time to play with something on a car I rely on daily... and a lot less money than having a mechanic (as competent as mine is with custom work) to R&D.

This could also be an opportunity for folks with different yet successful applications to chime in... a few past discussions stopped cold in the middle of someone saying they would try something and report back. Some have used one long cable with various mounting positions on the throttle pedal lever to accomodate the desired feel, but others claim for proper response you still need a 'bellcrank' setup, which I assume this 02again bracket would provide.

POST REFERENCES:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,358772/postdays,0/postorder,asc/topic_view,/start,30/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,368877/highlight,throttle/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,343826/

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

bump again. According to Tom I know there are at least a few users out there. Maybe they don't visit much, so if yall don't mind I'll keep at this for awhile so that it doesn't get missed. It doesn't sound like Tom is willing to make any of these before he gets some feedback. The units that are out there should have been in service now for a while and he is eager to hear from you.... me too, so that will make me one!

Tom evidently makes these products on the side and so he doesn't have a lot of time. Already I am missing out purchasing his fine Exhaust Manifold and downpipe (unparalleled in price and design... the others I have found so far are more expensive and either not SS or ceramic coated or offered with 02 bung). I went to his website to buy and he is not offering them anymore because they were too much work for him. I would hate for this to happen to anymore of his products that many have raved about. I really appreciate all these FAQ'ers that provide cool parts for our cars.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any photos of Tom's design?

the links I posted above have some pictures of the design, as well as the one he evidently modeled it after...

I found one of Tom's prototypes used by mp1k3 shown here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,368877/highlight,throttle/

///mChris posted something similar but evidently different (not from Tom) here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,358772/postdays,0/postorder,asc/topic_view,/start,0/

and here is one from JHG762002 painted red that Tom supposedly modeled his after:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,343826/

There are evidently others... since I'm not hearing from anyone I guess I will attempt to contact them directly... but still this is only one out of how many I'm not sure (Tom didn't tell me... he doesn't remember how many he made and for whom, or doesn't have the time to look it up... hence this request for info via the FAQ).

If this doesn't work out soon, I will probably just attempt one of the other methods used in these links using just cable. As mentioned I am just wondering how progressive each one is. Some claim the cable only method isn't progressive enough... it needs to feel similar to stock as far as I'm concerned for stop and go driving etc.

Rob