• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Formal intro

redphu72

Greetings and salutations, Khai in San Diego, I am now the proud owner of a 2002 tii M2 conversion. She arrived today and already I am filled with a sense of excitement, joy, regret, and trepidation. Lets just say that within the first few hours of ownership, I've had to struggle to keep my wits about me and resist the urge to go crying to my wife. Here's to many more sleepless nights.

post-21265-13667659106096_thumb.jpg

post-21265-13667659107846_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the addiction!

From the pictures, it looks like a nice car! But, the fun in owning a 2002 is that most problems are quite simple to fix. And I bet you that you will have less sleepless night that trying to build a M2 from scratch! That is if the PO did an ok job...

Have fun with it, and ask a lot of questions, there are quite a few people here with m2s, I am sure they can sort your car quickly!

Regards

Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

Congrats on the M2 purchase.

I have to ask. Do you love the color? I sure hope so. Otherwise, it has gotta be tough being seen in that car.

Lol. No it needs final block and paint. I'm trying to choose between white or black. Fully shaved.

Please just ask questions. God knows I have. I'm nearly complete after nearly 3 years of building my M2. But it is sure fun to drive!

Question: My blinkers worked yesterday when I picked up the car, then I changed out the ignition wires, tightened the slack on my throttle cable, put back the screw holding down my drivers seat, lube the accelerator pedal, and tried installing front turn signals (brand new). Now my blinkers don't work at all. hi/lo, brake/reverse work. any ideas?

I'll be in San Clemente on Thursday, May 3rd. Might be as far as Oceanside.

Otherwise, I split my time between Dallas and Long Beach.

There is Dave Varco in your area. He has many of the parts you need for the finishing of your M2.

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7

...I'm trying to choose between white or black...

Hmmmm....Let's see. San Diego? A car with (hopefully) no A/C? Not sure if I'd want a black car there.

Note: I did have a black car with no AC when I lived there. A '74 Alfa Berlina with no AC. It was fine along the coast, but any jaunt inland required a towel on the seat to soak up sweat and a shower afterwards.

Enjoy the S14! That should get it fast enough to give you some cooling.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Those funny little windows on the side are manual A/C. My daughter asked me what they were for and how you roll down the windows. She was looking for the button that you push to open them.

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7

...I'm trying to choose between white or black...

Hmmmm....Let's see. San Diego? A car with (hopefully) no A/C? Not sure if I'd want a black car there.

Note: I did have a black car with no AC when I lived there. A '74 Alfa Berlina with no AC. It was fine along the coast, but any jaunt inland required a towel on the seat to soak up sweat and a shower afterwards.

Enjoy the S14! That should get it fast enough to give you some cooling.

I've always enjoyed the fantastic weather in SD. Much better than here in VA.

SanDiegoAugust2010085.jpg

SanDiegoAugust2010058.jpg

SanDiegoAugust2010073.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"