• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golf paint formula

BrentF

I went to have some paint mixed up for my '72 Golf '02. The supplier I went to deals in Dupont paints (Chromax Pro). They had formulae for most of the '72 colours (eg Taiga, Fjord, etc.), but had no formula for Golf. They said they could do a colour match from a sample panel, but that's not what I am after. I want the colour derived from a factory derived formula/sample and not the version of Golf that may be on my car today (from an earlier repaint).

What paint manufacturers are you aware of that have a formula for BMW's Golf colour?

Thanks in advance.

My paint guy color matched for a spot repair touch up. He did pull the paint wide, but you can see the difference in the color at angles. PPG Deltron MBC sorry, no paint code.

FallDrive11006.jpg

004.jpg

Hard to see front the first angle(at least to me) and Really easy to see in the second pic.

My body shop used Sikkens paint, and they too said they couldn't make the exact formula for Golf (070). There was one component that wasn't available any more to make it the "factory" way (environmental regulations or some such). They were able to make an equivalent color with a different mix of tints. I think it's a bit brighter than original.

Can't really tell unless it's standing next to another Golf '02.

post-21461-13667659116006_thumb.jpg

Brian McCarthy

74 Golf 2002

90 Gletscherblau 735i

01 A***

02 M***