• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L0W Tw0 Sr2002 Build

dumpedDAILY

First one looks like Alpina street flairs. Second looks like the VW ones. I think you may have something with these flares!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First one looks like Alpina street flairs. Second looks like the VW ones. I think you may have something with these flares!

I agree with you. I was contemplating for awhile between alpina flares or doing what heist did but stumbled upon the MK1 arches. I'm trying to figure out how much fender I should cut.

NEED HELP WITH WEB STUFF!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Bern

"If ur not scraping, ur not low enough" dumpedDAILY

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

99 BMW 540it - Wife's car

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

08 BMW X5 4.8i - Wife/family car

carrosene you got any more pics of the blue 02?

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

That blue car is Kpolito's car. He had a recent for sale ad, I can't remember the title though, that would be a way to contact him for pics/info. M10 turbo, somewhere near 300hp, right now he's building an insanely nice 2.4L M10 head/S14 block hybrid for boost.

That blue car is Kpolito's car. He had a recent for sale ad, I can't remember the title though, that would be a way to contact him for pics/info. M10 turbo, somewhere near 300hp, right now he's building an insanely nice 2.4L M10 head/S14 block hybrid for boost.

Sweet. I'll take a look for it. Do you know what kind of flares he's using?

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

I'm sorry stupid question, you are using all REAR mk1 flares correct?

That looks awesome.

And they are metal, not fiberglass!

Not stupid question. The alpina flares are fiberglass. I asked the same question about those and the mk1 arches. But anywho, yes they are metal and I am using rears for all. 2 left and 2 right to be exact.

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

No prob. I'm glad I could be of some assistance.

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

I would look at it this way as far as cutting. It's MUCH harder to replace than it is to subtract. Cut a little, clamp em on and see how ya like it. One of the biggest things to take into consideration is your final desired ride height. Reason I say this is because for example with Turbo flares, if you're not lowered and you mount them in the "stock" position they look REALLY tall. So pick your ride height, put it on the ground and go from there. That's personally how I would do it.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I was actually going to take the springs off the car and set it on wooden blocks at the ride height I wanted with my rims put on and build around the rims. I'm pretty anal about having things pretty even so I'll me measuring and leveling quite constantly haha. Thanks for the tip tho.

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

You got a good deal. I looked at that car and called him later that night to make an offer. He accepted the offer and i told him i would pick it up the next night. Luckily i called him before i made the 2-hour drive again because he sold it to you. He claimed you made him an offer over what he was asking for it but didn't bother calling me. He was a wierd old dude. Good luck, you've done a lot of work already. post some more pics as you progress. He claimed he never painted it but there was crazy spray-can overspray all over the car. alpine white will look sweet!!

1976 2002

2011 135i

You got a good deal. I looked at that car and called him later that night to make an offer. He accepted the offer and i told him i would pick it up the next night. Luckily i called him before i made the 2-hour drive again because he sold it to you. He claimed you made him an offer over what he was asking for it but didn't bother calling me. He was a wierd old dude. Good luck, you've done a lot of work already. post some more pics as you progress. He claimed he never painted it but there was crazy spray-can overspray all over the car. alpine white will look sweet!!

Haha yeah he was a weird old dude. He reminded me of the old guy in waterboy that you couldnt understand.

It's a pretty solid car tho. Minor rust, some filler here and there but all around good. I'm curious how much you offered him haha. It doesnt make any difference since I have the car in my name and terrorized =o)

I should be painting within the next month after i get the flares on. I'm excited.

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

So not really much to update on the car except that I've stripped the paint a little more. So close to finally being done with this part of the process. I don't know if I'm enjoying this much.

Bought some of this POR-15 Epoxy Putty for all the trim holes so I don't have to weld anything. I hope it works good. Comes in 2 bars that you mix together in equal portions.

DSCN0908

DSCN0909

Got some paint stripper from Lowes that worked really good for less than the aircraft paint remover.

DSCN0879

DSCN0877

Here is the after pic later that night. perdy good...

DSCN0882

The inside of the trunk was a little hard to strip for some reason. There are some thick parts and no matter how much of that paint stripper I laid on it wouldn't come off that easy.

DSCN0915

DSCN0928

DSCN0927

It's these textured areas that wont budge.

DSCN0929

Started working on the top of the fenders and part of the engine bay until I remove the engine.

DSCN0910

Stripper doin it's job.

DSCN0913

Surprisingly found this under the supposed original paint of the car. would like to get a new sticker.

DSCN0922

Lots of putty hidden underneath the paint...

DSCN0924

Removed front and rear glass tonight and ended up with more gifts of rust. My buddy even gave me a gift of a broken front windshield from getting too excited and pushing too hard. Now I need a new one.

DSCN0925

DSCN0926

DSCN0920

DSCN0935

DSCN0930

Broken windshield...

DSCN0933

DSCN0931

Well that's it for now. More updates this weekend. I want to cut the fenders for sure this weekend. Also strip the interior. It's going to be fun trying to figure all this on the fly.

Bern

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

looking good! lots of progress can't wait to see what you do with the arches.

Are you going to have it painted or do it in the garage? nvm looks like you are painting it. I'm in the same boat so if you have any questions!

How much are you selling the diamonds for? I'm looking for some 16's

Some inspiration :) just got my first coat on this morning.

444.jpg