• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need some advise on gittin her done ...

jayamasaki

so its been at least three years since ive even started her up, but i am now ready to get her roadworthy.

need to know where in SoCal (San Gabriel Valley) i can get my axles rebuilt for 68 1600. It has those clear see through boots, not the black ones with grease.

Also, what kind of diff oil to buy, planning on changing it. brakes of course, tires a must, maybe a bearing kit.

Please let me know what else i should look at, kick, squeeze, sniff or duct tape.

1968 BMW 1600 Chmnx White

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

60% of the time, it works every time!

Check out the FAQ under construction area, I did a write up some time ago. The u-joint can be replaced, the clear boot is still available but it's basically take apart the boot end and inspect it. Google driveshaft for places to replace the u-joint, like Powertrain Industries.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Saw in your sig you've got a '76 parts car, I'd consider swapping rear ends if you still have it. Then you can upgrade to a LSD later if you feel so inclined, direct bolt in swap if you put the '76 diff flanges in the e21 lsd. Unless your car is all original and you want to keep it that way, I can't think of a single downside to putting in a short neck diff rear end.