• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet questions

Dachshund

Check ebay for dynamat there's a lot of alternatives out there also I used spray can undercoating which worked like a charm. But let me know if you have any questions.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

Unfortunately I will have to solve my minor sunroof-leak issues before I proceed to upgrade the interior,

Get Esty's mine will be installed soon. After cleaning the black schite on the floor my carpet will be bonded in place with 3M Rubber and vinyl 80 (shameless plug) from Lowes.

Are your sunroof drains free flowing?

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

I just acquired my car four days ago, so I still have some troubleshooting to do. But my sunroof plans are:

i. Try to clean out the drain tubes. I am trying to decide between using speedometer cable or weed-eater string. Or is it easier to just rip out the old tubes and install new ones? Clear vinyl tubing is cheap, and my headliner was conveniently pre-removed when I bought the car. Is this a terrible idea? Would I require access to areas that are not really accessible?

ii. Install a new sunroof seal. A previous owner repainted the car a few years ago, and I think they just never bothered replacing the grey fuzzy seal because it (almost) sealed fine without it. I have found a wealth of info regarding sunroof repairs on this forum, so I think I know how to tackle that.

Guest Anonymous

chris at only02 is a great guy & sells a set but it's perhaps the lowest quality material i've experienced

I can confirm this. Material is very weak but quality of work didn't impress either. Ok for a low buck solution.

Tommy

I just acquired my car four days ago, so I still have some troubleshooting to do. But my sunroof plans are:

i. Try to clean out the drain tubes. I am trying to decide between using speedometer cable or weed-eater string. Or is it easier to just rip out the old tubes and install new ones? Clear vinyl tubing is cheap, and my headliner was conveniently pre-removed when I bought the car. Is this a terrible idea? Would I require access to areas that are not really accessible?

ii. Install a new sunroof seal. A previous owner repainted the car a few years ago, and I think they just never bothered replacing the grey fuzzy seal because it (almost) sealed fine without it. I have found a wealth of info regarding sunroof repairs on this forum, so I think I know how to tackle that.

If I remember, I used low pressure air to blow out any trash. Then relocated the rear drains to the wheel well.

Don

Don

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

Unfortunately I will have to solve my minor sunroof-leak issues before I proceed to upgrade the interior,

Get Esty's mine will be installed soon. After cleaning the black schite on the floor my carpet will be bonded in place with 3M Rubber and vinyl 80 (shameless plug) from Lowes.

Don

Don