• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spare wheel well repair

scanner

On mine this has been patched and then repatched badly. I guess the ideal solution is a replacement floorpan $350US plus freight to NZ -Ouch! Not many donor cars down here either. Apologies to the purists but i was thinking of cutting the well out of another make of car and graft it in - has anyone done this? Thoughts or other solutions gratefully recieved!

Totally depends on you -what's your target. If you really want it right...or if you're happy with something less...

One thing more to think is that replacing the whole floorpan isn't really an easy job because it doesn't fit to it's place from up or down. You need to at least remove the rear panel and still I'm not sure how it goes in. If you can find a good replacement well or maybe just do better patching it's whole lot easier job.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Yes e21 fits ok , cut as much as you can out of the donor car , when you put it next to the 2002 one youll see its pretty close .

72/2002 Inca

72tii/2002 "Apple"

70/2002 "Five "

73/2002 "Freeda"

2007 Lotus 7 Replica

2011 Ford xr6 Ute

85 E30 325

70 1600-2 "Orange"