• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

refinished Nardi steering wheel SOLD

2many6es

SOLD

I bought a 1970 02 and am in the process of turning it into a nice daily driver. It had this wheel on it when I got it. The spokes were originally anodized black which I didn't like so I sanded and polished them down. The wood was a little rough as well so I refinished it as well (removed all the original finish, sanded smooth with 600 paper and then applied 6 thin coats of Interlux Schooner varnish). I left the rear of the spokes black as it looks pretty good like that (plus it's a ton of work to remove and polish!). The wheel looks pretty good and will come with the adapter and horn hub. The only blemish is the chrome surrounding the horn button has some pitting on it. It was going to sand it down and paint it black but decided to leave it and let the new owner decide what to do with it.

I am not sure what it is worth. I have refinished two other Nardi wheels but they were both for Mercedes. They sold for $350 but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything here. What I would really like to do is just trade the wheel for something. I have a wish list below. Trades, partial trades plus/minus cash will work. I'm pretty open to anything.

List:

1. headers (nothing fancy as the car is just a daily driver)

2. used Bilstein HD's

3. chrome surrounds for tailights (roundie - again, does not have to be perfect but does need to be better than what I currently have)

4. black carpet

5. aftermarket headlights

6. black door cards/panels

DSCN0070.JPG

DSCN0072.JPG

I'm a little rushed right now but will post additional pictures later tonight.

Thanks.