• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002ti original in Germany

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

I have a 1970 chamonix white 2002ti for sale. The car had been laid off between 1989 and 2005 before it was registered again in Germany on historic plates. The car is very original on Solex carbs. It has a period sports steering wheel, interior is blue but drivers seat has been changed once and is black. The car is very solid, visible rust is at the bottom of the left front wing and the right rear wheelarch, otherwise bodywork looks good. The engine starts and runs fine. Can be used as is! Price is 15k USD or highest bid. I am sure in a few years BMW nuts will say "If only I had bought this one...". Have some pics here

http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/mk4spitonly/BMW_2002ti_Baujahr_1970

Guest Anonymous

Reason for xxxing the VIN are the people who use your car for scams. No question the car is a real and honest TI, I have the old German title which says 2002TI and the VIN is correct. This is a real original car with correct numbers and paperwork, was registered in Germany on historic plates until last week!

Guest Anonymous

someone in the US has offered me 10k Euros but wants to send a deposit of 500 USD so I should hold back the car until Dec 15 for final payment - could this be a scam? My idea was to find out the value of this car by advertising it internationally and locally....

Anything could be a scam but this doesn't really smell bad. If the deposit is so the prospective buyer has time to complete a PPI and you are willing to hold it off the market for the specified time? I think you may get your asking price with more detailed photos and more details, for example, does the car have any other options, CR 5sp, QR steering box, LSD. What type of seats? what condition is the steering wheel in? etc. Spend some more time describing the car and you will realize a better price. From what I can see in the photos you do have posted it appears to be in at least fair condition rust wise. The Cognoscenti will want photos of the rear strut towers, engine detail at the very least and when you are trying to sell a ti, the devil is in the details.

JMHO, Z

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

HI Billy,

yes I understand. All pictures I have taken so far are here:

https://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/mk4spitonly/BMW_2002ti_Baujahr_1970

in my opinion this is an honest car which shows its age. Why not leave it as it is? I like this originality more than a restored example!

Logistically difficult - would you consider trading your ti for this VW?

I would like to own a real ti, but things haven't worked out that way so far.

DSC_0776.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_6160.jpg

69cc61c8.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

If you hold title until the money is wired, you have no risk. The risk is with the buyer. Price seems reasonable considering the extra 2-3000 dollars for shipping. Recession is keeping prices down on lots of classics unless they are perfect. Since the ti has more value in Europe than the USA and yours has not sold quickly....this should tell you something. How is the economy in Germany? I know the ti is rare but no doubt it has rust if it spent its life in Germany Takes a lot guts to buy a car sight unseen. Good luck.

Reineruno...yes it looks like an honest car...but you can't just leave it like it is. The rust you see today is multiplying as I type this message. Sell it to someone that can afford to save it. Just my opinion. I know it is rare but only the best examples of any 2002s bring the big dollars. This includes the 2002tii and 2002ti.

Guest Anonymous

Hi Sam,

I got the car from a friend and have it only for two weeks now....I know it could be restored but why not leave it as it is by treating the rust with OWATROL so it will keep the status quo. I do not want to swap it as I have enough cars in my garage (TR6, Lotus Elise, Spitfire, 560SL...)