• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone near Missoula, MT help me take a look at a car?

Psymon

I know its probably a stretch to find an 02 faq-er close to that area but I figured I would ask. There is a car there I am interested in and it would be great to get an opinion of someone more versed than I. Thanks

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I'm an 02 owner in Bozeman, Montana, and I'd be more than happy to take a look at the 02 if I have other business in Missoula soon. Sorry, but I don't currently. It's a 400 miles / 6 hour round trip from here.... which by Montana standards is a local drive. Missoula is a progressive University town, and there are likely to be a number of vintage car people there.

Two businesses that could check out the basics for you (compression test, electronics, brakes, rust, etc):

DeMarois Mercedes Benz

3115 West Broadway Street

Missoula, MT 59808-1613

(406) 721-4000

http://www.demarois.mercedesdealer.com/

Culver's Foreign Car Service Inc & Sales

2302 Mcdonald Ave # A, Missoula, MT 59801-7309

(406) 721-5857 ‎

Best,

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman MT

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii
Fjord # 037 / blue interior

I'm an 02 owner in Bozeman, Montana, and I'd be more than happy to take a look at the 02 IF I had other business in Missoula this week. But I don't. It's a 400 miles / 6 hour round trip from here. Missoula is a progressive University town, and there are likely to be a number of vintage car people there.

Two businesses that could check out the basics for you (compression test, electronics, brakes, rust, etc):

DeMarois Mercedes Benz

3115 West Broadway Street

Missoula, MT 59808-1613

(406) 721-4000

http://www.demarois.mercedesdealer.com/

Culver's Foreign Car Service Inc & Sales

2302 Mcdonald Ave # A, Missoula, MT 59801-7309

(406) 721-5857 ‎

Best,

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman MT

Ron,

I don't expect anyone to drive 400 miles to look at a car for me and I appreciate the shops you mentioned. We will see once I get more pictures from the seller where this goes. Coincidentally, if you do have business out that way in the coming weeks please do let me know because I would love another 02 owners opinion on the car.

thanks

Simon

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

I might be driving to Spokane WA within the next month, and I'd be driving through Missoula. Stay in touch and let me know how it goes. And make sure that car wasn't driven in winter. They use corrosive Magnesium Chloride on th roads for snow melt here.

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

I am in Missoula for the weekend, visiting family, and may be able to help you out. Is the car in town, or close by? Saturday is my best opportunity to have a look. Sunday I am heading to Big Timber (east), so if the car is in that direction, that might work. I am back in Missoula on Thursday, if the car cannot be viewed in the next two days. Please let me know if I can help you.

Chris-- two zero six, six six nine, three three two five.

BTW, Charlie Culver is an excellent option for a thorough mechanical inspection, as is Rocky Mountain Imports.

'73 tii VIN 2764196, born 6/18/1973

'76 24 Hours of Lemons racer (Team Hurling Moss)

'75 911S

'72 VW Panel Bus

Couple of daily drivers

Chris,

Thank you so much for the offer. Unfortunatly I saw you post to late for the weekend but Thursday will work. I will give you a call. Thank you again.

Simon,

Sorry our call was not successful last night. I was tied up all day today, but will try you tomorrow to discuss the car. By the way, did you also see that there is another '72 for sale up in Kalispell on craigslist? Could be a nice car, also.

'73 tii VIN 2764196, born 6/18/1973

'76 24 Hours of Lemons racer (Team Hurling Moss)

'75 911S

'72 VW Panel Bus

Couple of daily drivers

no prob. please call when you get a chance.

We had to go to Missoula unexpectedly and are here through Friday morning. (My daughter is having what we hope will be minor surgery at the hospital). If you still want someone to check the 02 out, I might have some time.

You can email me - ron at ecoautoinc dot com

Best,

Ron Gompertz

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

Hi Simon,

We're here in Missoula today through tomorrow. I have some time if you still would like somebody to check out the 02. My cell is 406 223 3242.

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

Hi Simon,

We're here in Missoula today through tomorrow. I have some time if you still would like somebody to check out the 02. My cell is 406 223 3242.

Ron,

Sorry I didn't see you post earlier. Thank you again for the offer. I may be going ahead with buying this car. Chris took a look at it last week for me. I am working on the price with the seller. I hope everything with your daughter is ok.

That's great. Well, if you'd like a "second opinion," following surgery, my daughter is in recovery at Missoula hospital and all is looking good. Frankly, my wife would be thrilled to get rid of me for a few hours.

I took a break today and checked out Larry's Foreign Car service. Charles could certainly check out compression and other mechanical basics for you.

Good luck with your new 02.

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii

That's great. Well, if you'd like a "second opinion," following surgery, my daughter is in recovery at Missoula hospital and all is looking good. Frankly, my wife would be thrilled to get rid of me for a few hours.

I took a break today and checked out Larry's Foreign Car service. Charles could certainly check out compression and other mechanical basics for you.

Good luck with your new 02.

Trying to get a hold of the seller so you can go take a look. I will call you when I hear back from him. If you are still in the area, it will be great getting a second opinion.