• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED HELP Oil pump plse see pic can it work on a 1968 Nk ?

That is a E30 M10 pump. The short pickup is only a small problem the big question is has your engine been converted to the late style pump (it is hard to believe there are many of the old style still in use) is there a tube running down the front of the block to the oil pressure relief valve in the pump? If there is then all you have to do is change the pickup tube from your old pump onto this new pump. Make sure you use the new steel shim from the new pump and make sure the pump turns freely as you torque the 6mm bolts holding the pump together.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Hi Preyupy,

In fact my car had the old style pump on it and I dont think there was any modification on the engine so that it suits the new style pump, could you please let me know what needs to be done to manage to get the new oil pump to run beside switching the pick up?

Thank you for your advice.

Do Good Attitood

Do you have your engine apart? If so post a picture of the front of the block with the lower timing cover off. The only thing you need to do is remove the oil galley plug and install the tube, it takes a different pin for the bottom of the timing chain rail but that just screwes in. If you have the old style pump you will need to find a used new style pump to get the pickup tube, old style and new style are not interchangeable. Finding used parts should not be a problem I am sure I have a lot of the tubes and chain rail pins but don't have any used oil pump pickups right now.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

• 3 months later...