• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getrag 245/10 close ratio trans

2many6es

I recently purchased an e21 to restore but after discovering nothing but rust underneath, I have decided to part it out. I am afraid I do not know the true mileage on the car but the trans drove and shifted fine.

The trans was pulled from a 323i which makes it a 245/10 I believe so it will only work with the m20's. It will come with the shifter, crossmember and mount but nothing else.

I'm not really sure what it is worth but I think one recently sold here for around $1500 so I think that is fair. I would prefer local pickup ( just out of Charlotte, NC ) but will ship if necessary.

2011-05-04_16-28-01_816.jpg

2011-05-04_16-27-44.jpg

SOLD I also have the 3.64 LSD differential available $450 as well. SOLD

2011-05-04_16-24-14_818.jpg

2011-05-04_16-24-21_8.jpg

Thanks,

Jerry[/img]

Jerry

correct me if Im wrong but I recently looked at a 5 spd from a euro 323....and it was NOT a c/r unit. It may be a dog leg but it doesnt have to be a c/r...there was some confusion on this.

But then I posted pics of the trans...and it was confirmed to NOT be a dog leg c/r!

My point being...how do u know its the hard to find c/r unit?..just being a 5 spd from a euro 323 isnt enuf.

Im jussayin

The trans was pulled from a 323i, has M60 stamped on it, has the reverse switch on the rear of the unit and has the "dog leg" shift pattern. I am no expert but I have never heard of a dogleg not being a close ratio. Why would they engineer a dogleg shift pattern into an OD trans? Again though, I am no expert.

I'll post some pictures later this eveing.

Thanks for asking.

• 1 year later...