• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone AutoX?

mrdew

Uh.... a little over the past 30 yrs.

Advice:

Smooth usually equals fast.

Trust your hand/eye coordination and constantly look to the gate ahead.

If you hit a cone (if not on occaision, you're not pressing), it's now a free run - experiment, don't lift.

Pay attention to those in the grid before you and learn from their runs.

#1 - HAVE FUN! - It ain't Nuclear Launch Codes.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

I'm just getting into it...I've done 3 events now, and I'm hooked. Have another points event next weekend. It's a total blast, and I love seeing the looks on people's faces when my 41 year old car is getting the same times as their 2000+ Subarus, Miatas, and Mustangs....Priceless!

ax04165.jpg

Have fun!

No, but the car I built just recently dominated at the local PCA autoX.

dp4588.jpg

Not me driving, I prefer using more than one gear.

Is that the e-car?

Not in a 2002, hopefully towards the end of this summer I'll get a chance though. It's not really autoX since we're just racing amongst ourselves, but it moves pretty good and with a good driver could give that DP a run for it's money. Now in the hands of one of our alumni

IMG_1405.jpg

Pics off our fb page with the '11 car. Once all the aero/vinyling is finished it's going to look sinister.

217041_181119615273705_130002227052111_498358_4395158_n.jpg

Edit, NVM. This is the prototype e-car, or rather e-car test bed.

IMG_1242.jpg

Edit 2, there are quite a few on here who do. A guy in Eugene has a purpose built autoX 2002(316 cam, dual 45's, 8 or 9" 13's w/slicks, cage, etc...) and regularly runs with in a second or two of the 400hp STI's and EVO's on 50sec courses.