• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 BMW 2002 Seattle $1500

roadhog0

This thing is a steal! Someone go pick this thing up!!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2325377206.html

NM/NA

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Guest Anonymous

Already on the case. Apparently I was 1st responder. Setting up sat am viewing/ purchase now. Hopefully John1180 doesn't flash cash & buy it out from under me tomorrow. Back off John, you've got enough! ;}

Wish me luck on gettin back in the '02 game...

Steve-o

Aka 3nsahalee

Already on the case. Apparently I was 1st responder. Setting up sat am viewing/ purchase now. Hopefully John1180 doesn't flash cash & buy it out from under me tomorrow. Back off John, you've got enough! ;}

Steve-o

Aka 3nsahalee

Nice! If I had money this would go real well with my 02... I wish you luck man!

-Nathan

Went to check this out. It's a rusty POS. Hacked n butchered, all rubber rotted. Worse than poor attempt at body work, bondo galore. 80' era glass sunroof, rotted dash, six different colors of paint layers... it goes one. Hacked firewall... mercedes lic lights ... spray painted panels and seats... rotted carpet...rats nests of wiring hacks. On the upside... it startrd and sounded like a decent engine. My assessment... a decent parts car with a running engine, decent bottlecaps with good pirellis and a zender trunk spoiler. Maybe worth 650- $1,000 tops. I passed on it.

Too many cars, too small of a barn!

(several 2002's, e3's, e9's & e24's and an NK sedan in the past)

Glad I'm not a fan of Malaga!

Steve-o

Aka 3nsahalee

Wow, that thing sounds BEAT!

-Nathan

Well thanks to any and all who came out to see my car today .Thanks for stopping by. POS?... worse than bad!?... well my son and I shared a good laugh over that last one while cleaning some overspray off the wheels in the nice sun today. I guess when you have had something that long(6 yrs) you get used to its quirks . it has had several owners evidently.each leaving thier mark and i guess if it could talk would have some stories about them all .I picked the car up in Port Orchard WA for 400 clams it cost maybe another hun to bring er home. It looked like a blister but ran great so my vision for daily driver round tail light 2002 was beginning to take shape.I first replaced the brake booster as the old one was filled to capacity with brake fluid . I added a 76 master cyl which compelled me to clean and paint the area Ithen began the process of flushing and painting the still good radiator flat black as well as the motor. I pulled the screens off the 6" round holes a po cut in the front of the engine compartment on each side of the radiatorand painted that area too I decided to keep the car the original color or as close as i could get I also removed underhood lights that wre put in and a fusebox to handle the electrical menagerie was also removed in my quest for 2002 simplicity. Copious amounts of bondo were used ad I tinted the paint myself using dupli color candy apple red and ford blue over thier primer product, sprayed with a master grip HVLP .Spare tire well was repaired and I reconditioned the gas tank with POR 15 products yes it really does work .I also went through the heater box, wiper stalk and the firewall vent area. front window gasket I replaced also it took me about 2 hours to do myself with suction cups and an orange extension cord. well based on comments from parts customers and my family seeing me involved in something costructive that i loved made every minute of the sanding and toil more appreciative of these cars and those that really aspire to have that jewel of a 2002 I guess we have our expectations of that jewel and have our own reasons for seeking the joy that this marque brings. I know someone may now have a working trailer and maybe it will bring home the piece of motoring paradise youre looking for. Thanks for all your enthusiasm and desire to keep the 02 world real