• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 ti popping above 4000 rpm

bikebarn5

2002 that my friends and I have been getting going all winter. Car sat for about 4-6 years. Car is running now but pops/shoots fuel out carb above 4000 rpms when sitting. Cleaned the carb twice, checked the timing until we were blue in the face. Any suggestions would be great. Here is a link to the video on youtube to check it out. Yes there is a turbo on there but not hooked up. Same thing happens when it is hooked up but popping happens before turbo builds any boost. While driving the popping happens not so much at a certain rpm but rather under load.

Does have the ti/tii brake booster but wiper motor is late and fuse box is later 12 fuse. Only the VIN could be definitive. My guess...74 tii.

Best Regards, Z

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

Thanks for the help. We will have to find a gauge for compression test for this guy and I will get back to you.

74 tii car but the motor was swapped before we got it. Not real sure on any of the little details but the motor is most likely 75ish.

Car was a rotted out old mess when we got her and still is a bit of a mess but a fun project. Loved these cars since I was a little kid so I just couldn't pass up the chance to get one. Here in New England all the oldies are a mess but we do what we can.

Looking forward to a great summer of cruising.

Thanks again.

John