• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATS classics... size and opinion?

robsanab

I finally need tires and was about to pull the trigger and get royal silver Rota RB's along with them... which i have always liked even before they got more common (which doesn't bother me).

However I just came across this picture of an Inka Datsun(?)... I usually don't like blacked out wheels but I LOVE these. Have noticed other '02's with old ATS Classics and the similar Cromodora Daytona's but they are too hard to find, especially in 15".

There seems to be only one ATS dealer in the states, Tunershop.com. http://www.tunershop.com/Wheels/13_inches/ATS_Classic_x100_101x_p52814.html

They only list two 13 inch sizes which I don't think I'm interested in... but the ATS website shows a 5.5 x 15 which is what I would want.

Before I called them to see just what's available, I thought I'd first see what the experience is with you folks. Anyone have an idea of what offset I should ask for?

Just because the Rota's are 25ET doesn't mean all other compatible wheels are that size, correct?

EDIT: forgot to add the picture of the ATS's on the orange Datsun (?) or whatever it is...

post-1151-13667639474768_thumb.jpg

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

never mind... i just found the ATS cut sheet and they don't make the 15 inch in 4X100 which is too bad because they do do 4X130 with a 25ET. The 13's are in 4X100 with the 7's at 20ET and the 8's are 1.

Rob

wait a second... I'm going to bump this... thought about another idea that might make this work...

Aren't there multi-bolt spacers/adapters made that enable you to adjust to various spaced lug patterns? the ATS site shows one but it's in German so I don't know if they apply to the Classic wheel (and I've been trying to get hold of the ATS dealer all day).

Are such adapters available? Because if this wheel has an ET of 25 and yet it's only a 5.5 width wheel (and a 7 inch wheel at 25ET will work), well then doesn't that give you plenty of space to work with before your tire hits the fender??

Sorry, I'm obsessed with this wheel and still wondering if anyone has had a similar wheel application.

Rob