• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

That glowing light under the dash

ehegwer

Tonight for the first time I got to work on the car past dark in preparation for getting it to pass inspection. It hasn't been registered for about 5 years.

Running through the checklist, I got all the turn signals to work after changing a couple of bulbs. Got an issue with the marker lamps and license plate lights sorted out thanks to 02for2, BillWilliams, and TonyHavana.

When I was all done checking everything over, it was just getting dark, and I climbed inside to back the car into the garage, when I saw this glowing red light under the dash, on the side of the center console. So I did what any guy would do. I pressed it!

Hazards!

And they all were working.

But then when I went to push the switch again, they would't go off. As best I can determine, I have the push on - push off type of illuminated button. Are these repairable? or do I just try to replace it.

------------------------------

1974 BMW 2002 - Elise

1970 Spitfire - Pearl