• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rust & wrack

mikea

I have come to terms with all the rust work my "california car" needs

( the old British Columbia phone book I found under the back seat was an indication of how expensive my education would be)

I found these weird scars in the inner wall- right where the door brake

is. is this an accepted/required way to service the door brakes?

it's on both sides. any ideas?

should I have the body shop weld these back up?

I ripped out all carpet tonight. when I took out the seat belts I saw the indicator wires. What's the best way to terminate those wires?

back to the fuse panel?

thanks all for your help so far. As soon as I get the rebuilt steering back together this thing gets rolled to the body shop, rust repair, and then back to my house to receive the rebuilt motor.

Mike

1974 2002

post-18945-13667636068877_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't weld up the access holes that were cut for the door brakes. Depending on the condition of the hinges and the door alignment, they may need renewed again. They were most likely cut to weld in new "horse shoes" for the door brake pins from the backside. If anything, you could paint the edges of the cuts. Of course, they will be covered with carpet anyway, so any of this is optional.

If you had some tweeters you thought you were going to install, make the holes fit this application. If you really want to go "all out", make a template and make make them the same size and shape and de-burr and paint the edges. This is probably what I would do in conjunction with the tweeter idea.

I'll let someone else comment on the wiring issue. I've always just left them alone.