• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

14x6 TISA Wheel Offset. Help me do the math...

Rev.Bubba

I am wanting to re-barrel a couple sets of NK steelies and want to match the offset that was on the 14x6 TISA wheels. I have found this conversation at the thread below on nkbmw.com but need a little help with the math.

http://nkbmw.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=302&p=1334&hilit=strut#p1334

The two most important posts below....

ericbmw2000 - Hey Mal, I measured from the point most likely to make first contact with the hub to a metal plate I laid across the wheel; it measured 10,2 cm.

trangieboy - Thanks Eric,i just sent you an email with a picture of the backspace of my 5 1/2" wide 2000ti wheels.They measure 120mm or 12cm backspace.I was sure that the TISA wheels would have been the same as my wheels are about as close to the strut as you`d want to get(on the front).

My wheels measure 165mm or 16.5cm wide(total).Half that width is 82.5mm.The difference between 82.5mm and 120mm is 37.5mm.SO i guess the offset on my wheels is 37.5mm or ET37 ??

Or did i do something wrong ??

So does that mean the TISA wheels are ET13 ???

Mal.

102mm? 6" is 152.4mm which half is 76.2mm subtracted by 102mm = about 26mm? Would that be ET26?

An help would be appreciated or input with regards to this knowledge.

Thanks,

Rev.

I think from memory the tisa wheels are 6" wide compared to 5 1/2" of my ti rims.

BUT, they seemed to put more than the extra 1/2" on the outside of the rim if you know what i mean.

My idea was to widen some rims to have the same amount of backspace as my ti rims AND the same amount of `frontspacing` as the tisa rims.They could then be 6 1/2" or wider.

Mal.

RHD 2000ti NK sedan VIN 1400318 resto

RHD 2000ti NK sedan VIN 1400178 parts

RHD 1800 NK sedan VIN 0998094 parts

RHD 320i E21 5 speed parts

RHD 1602 ? twin mikunis,5 speed. POS driver

That is somewhat in line with what I was assuming. Good to know. I have been debating the same as to the width.

Since mine would be based on the original wheels with hubcaps, I plan on still using the center caps. A more aggressive look with the hubcap is the look I am considering.

As for having two sets, one would be for performance road and the other for winter snow and I am still leaning on those not being as wide for obvious reason.

I will post my intentions in more detail later because I will have one wheel re-barreled for each with tire to test fit and rub.

Rev.