• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Part number for the threaded trim clips for a hood ?

deschodt

I recently installed a new freshly painted hood on my 73, and when transferring the trim over from my old hood, not all metal clips were salvageable. The plastic ones are easy to replace, but I had to cut out the metal plates with tiny threaded posts, which were rusted on solid (hence the new hood - nasty rust area right there)...

Where do I find those metal plates with the threaded post + nuts and presumably washers that are used (apparently) where the trim is joined + at each end ? I searched the Maximilian catalog and that page is about as readable as something my dog chewed, digested and threw up, then scanned at low res...

Anybody got a part # on those ?

(normally I'd just bug Steve/Blunt, but that's likely an order for 4 clips, not worth bothering him with... BavAuto only sells a complete kit for $100, Max is unreadable....) Please help ! Thanks !

--------------------------------------------------------------

73 inka 2002 w/ fuel injection & 5 speed, LSD

Someone used to make stainless steel molding clips, but I haven't seen those for a few years. I think they sold them as a set only. There is a $34 factory type set on ebay now, has only 6 metal & 14 of the plastic side molding clips.

2002 owner since 1980